It's hard to describe the complexity of reproducing a 19th century Arts and Crafts rug, but Inner Asia knew exactly how to realize it. From the first renderings of the historic design, thru several strike-offs for color and content and then to beautiful hand craftsmanship, Inner Asia made the custom process look scientific. And all of that accomplished in a rigorous timeframe. All custom rug experiences should be so seamless!
-- Mark Johnson
Ten Easy Steps For Designing A Custom Rug
- Choose a design from any of the InnerAsia/Khawawchen collections or work with our expert staff to create your own design.
- Specify the density you prefer; 60 knots, 80 knots, or 100 knots per square inch.
- Specify the size, shape and other requirements like silk highlighting, use of fringe etc.you would like on the finished rug.
- Select colors from InnerAsia's color charts and color poms. These can be shipped directly to you or your designer in 3-5 business days.
- Receive computerized drawing with a color rendering of your custom rug for approval within one week.
- Order a Strike Off (optional) of your custom rug in 1'x1' or 2'x2' size ($150-250).
- Receive delivery of a finished Strike off via express mail in 4 to 6 weeks.
- Give final approval of color rendering and/or strike off.
- Place order with 50% deposit.
- In five months, receive your custom rug. Expedite service also available.
Collaboration With Designers and Industry Professionals
For 25 years InnerAsia has been a pioneer and industry leader in producing hand-woven heirloom quality Tibetan carpets in Innerasia/Khawachen weaving centers in Tibet and Nepal. Founded by Kesang Tashi, a native of Tibet, and recognized authority on Tibetan rugs, InnerAsia has been instrumental in revitalizing Tibet's rug weaving heritage and bringing Tibetan rugs to the U.S., Europe and other parts of Asia.
InnerAsia's wool and wool and silk rugs draw on a wealth of traditional designs and symbols from Tibet and Central Asia as well as the contemporary work of talented artists and designers like Mary Zicafoose, Sara Goodman, Lizi Boyd, Peter Gluck and others. Through a fusion of traditional craftsmanship and innovative design software, Innerasia can create custom color, size and design options for all of its rugs and works closely with Design Professionals and their clients to create custom rugs.
InnerAsia's eclectic designs, vibrant colors and symbolic themes are effective in both traditional and contemporary settings and are used in gracious homes, apartments, second homes and commercial corporate and hospitality industry locations across the U.S. Innerasia's rugs are available in a wide range of sizes, colors and designs and can be seen in trade showrooms and design centers in key cities around the country. These rugs can also be seen at the Innerasiarugs.com website and our showroom in Hanover, New Hampshire.
Design Professionals and their clients can expect to:
- Choose from a wide selection of exclusive designs or create a one-of-a kind rug through our well-established and user friendly customized rug program.
- Take advantage of color charts, yarn poms and 2'x3' samples of rugs- to look at color and design options in locations where the rugs will be placed.
- Benefit from our inventory of competitively priced stock and custom rugs in all sizes.
- Enjoy the personalized service, attention to detail of our talented team of designers, artisans and business staff who are committed to the highest level of customer service. .